EnhancementPak Xi Widgets
BX PRO users
By default, the BX PRO Palette includes the EnhancementPak widgets.
Builder Xcessory users
Start with EPak Widgets must be set on the Behavior tab of the User Preferences dialog to display the EnhancementPak icons. See
Behavior toggle options
for more detailed information.
EnhancementPak widgets are displayed on the Palette for all platforms and for all languages except Java. The EnhancementPak widgets are grouped in the following folders:
· EPak Primitives
XiColorSelector, XiCombinationBox, XiExtended18List, XiFontSelector, XiIconButton, XiPanner, XiDataField, and XiPixmapEditor.
· EPak Containers
XiTree, XiIconBox, XiOutline, XiPaned, XiPorthole, XiStretch,
XiTabStack, XiToolbar, XiButtonBox, and XiColumn.
· EPak Graphs
XiBarPlot, XiCallbackPlot, XiErrorPlot, XiFadePlot, XiHighLowPlot,
XiHistoPlot, XiImagePlot, XiLinePlot, XiPiePlot, XiTextPlot, and XiPlotter.
The following sections provide descriptions of each EnhancementPak widget in alphabetical order. Refer to the EnhancementPak for OSF/Motif Programmer's Reference and the ICS GraphPak for OSF/Motif Programmer's Reference manuals for more detailed information about these widgets.
The XiButtonBox widget positions children in a single row or column, with control over their spacing and sizing behavior.
· Attempts to preserve even spacing between objects
· Can also stretch its children to fill the available space
The XiColorSelector widget allows the user to choose a color value by setting RGB values or selecting a name from a list of available colors.
The name or color value is dynamically displayed to the user.
The XiColumn widget displays its children stacked in a column, each with an optional associated label. Useful for displaying labeled data-entry fields.
· Offers several constraint resources that allow specification of characteristics of the label.
· Offers several resources for setting defaults for children that specify no specific values.
The XiCombinationBox allows the user to select an item or items from a list of choices, or enter new values in the text field portion.
Displays a type-in area showing the current value and a popup list containing other possibilities.
The XiDataField widget handles display and entry of data as text, and intended for data entry applications.
A subclass of Motif XmTextField.
The XiExtended18List widget allows you to display multi-column data and retrieve the selection.
· Displays a title for each column
· Displays the data so that columns are visibly separate
· Supports sorting on a particular column
· Supports searching through the data
The XiFontSelector widget allows the user to choose a font by selecting the characteristics of the font.
Dynamically calculates the set of available fonts that match the specified characteristics.
The XiIconBox widget allows you to position children in a grid at arbitrary cell locations.
Resizes each child to be the same size.
The XiIconButton widget displays both simple text and a pixmap in several possible configurations.
Use when you want an object that has both the semantics of a Push Button or Toggle Button and the capability of displaying both simple text and a pixmap.
The XiOutline widget shows the relationship of objects in a graphical, indented format.
· Each child is displayed as an entry in an outline, at various levels of indentation.
· User can open and close sub-trees to show or hide data.
The XiPaned widget allows the user to resize various portions of the application interface, either horizontally or vertically.
Each child object that the Paned Window controls is associated with a sash that the user may move to change the size of the child.
The XiPanner widget allows the user to scroll a third widget in two dimensions (easier than using two ScrollBars).
· Typically used in combination with the Porthole.
· The Panner's slider shows the location of the visible region of the third widget.
· The user moves the slider to move the visible region.
The XiPixmapEditor widget implements a simple editor for creating and modifying multicolor images.
· The Pixmap Editor is a simple color pixmap editor bundled into one widget.
· Includes operations for the drawing of simple shapes, and the movement and copying of areas.
The XiPorthole widget allows the user to scroll a third widget in two dimensions.
· Easier to use than using two ScrollBars.
· Usually used in combination with the Panner.
· Manages a single child, and displays a clipped portion of that child within its own bounds.
The XiStretch widget allows the user to dynamically change the size of the Stretch widget's single child by dragging the border.
Changes the size similar to how the window manager resizes a top-level window.
The XiTabStack widget manages a group of widgets such that only one widget in the group is visible at a time. Each child is associated with a tab that displays text and/or a pixmap. The user selects the tab, interactively determining which child is displayed.
The XiToolbar widget manages groups of child widgets in either a single row or column. Any type of widget can be a Toolbar item, but the most common is the XiIconButton.
Supports the display of a popup label over each child widget.
The XiTree widget shows the relationship of objects in a graphical tree format.
· Each child is displayed as part of a branch of a tree, at various depths.
· The user can open and close sub-trees to show or hide data.