Today’s customers are empowered like never before. That means building products they love is no longer simply a competitive advantage — it’s a fundamental business necessity. If you want to create successful, highly profitable products, think UX. When product-driven organizations prioritize the user experience (UX) they gain an edge. Look no further than Apple for proof.
In this half-day workshop for product management professionals, find out why the user experience matters and learn how to integrate a UX-first approach within your planning requirements.
When and Where
- December 7, Waltham, MA
What You’ll Learn
We’ll share real-world examples illustrating the impact UX has on business, and provide insight to help you align a user-focused product strategy with your core business strategy.
We’ll also cover:
- The real value of design-centric companies
- How to build an effective UX team
- Outside-in thinking that gets your clients excited about what your team is planning to build before committing resources
- How to gain stakeholder and management buy-in and make difficult product-planning decisions upfront
- Ways to use language of design to increase communication and ensure all stakeholders are on the same page
Who Should Attend
- Product Development Managers
- Product Managers
- Product Owners, Engineering Managers
- Directors or VPs of Product Management
About the Speaker
Jeff LeBlanc is Director of User Experience for ICS, where he applies human-factors principles to UX design, and helps clients put the user experience at the forefront of their product planning efforts.
- Registration and continental breakfast open at 8:30 am.
- The workshop runs from 9 am - 12:00 pm. Come early to network with your peers!
- Space is Limited – Register Today!