What is Qt?
Qt is the cross-platform application framework that gives developers the ability to build better native applications on mobile, embedded and desktop devices more efficiently and design powerful user interfaces that will engage users. Qt is used across multiple industries including, industrial automation systems, enterprise applications, aerospace and defense, oil and gas, entertainment, in-vehicle infotainment, TV and set-top boxes, mobile and consumer devices.
Qt’s intuitive C++ libraries, IDE and Qt Quick technologies enable developers to build fluid and high performance apps for multiple target devices – simply by reusing code. Qt includes:
- A Modular Qt C++ Class Library: a rich set of application building blocks providing all the functionality needed to build advanced cross-platform applications
- Qt Quick: a modern user interface (UI) technology that separates the declarative UI design from the underlying programming logic
- Qt Creator Cross-Platform IDE: a cross-platform integrated development environment (IDE) tailored to the needs of Qt developers
As the largest independent source of Qt expertise in North America, with a growing presence in Europe, ICS supports Qt developers with a wide spectrum of custom Qt services. Our team of Qt software engineers is continuously developing new solutions to the toughest and most complex issues faced by product-driven companies worldwide and can bring relevant solutions to your next Qt project:
- Qt Consulting: Comprehensive Qt consulting engagements for any size project
- Qt Training: A series of Qt training workshops for your new or existing development team
- Qt Software Development: On-site ICS Qt software engineers to augment your team
Together, we can help save your group precious development time, increase efficiencies and shorten your time to market — ultimately helping you build a better product with Qt.
Discover how we help design, develop and deliver world-class desktop, embedded and mobile applications using Qt.
Collaborate and create with Qt Quick. Bringing designers and developers together.
Easily integrate the functionality your users want with these Qt and QML clients for popular Google APIs.
An Introduction to Design Patterns in C++ with Qt, 2nd EditionWritten by Alan Ezust and Paul Ezust
Foreward by Lars Knoll
C++ is taught "the Qt Way." The source documents for our book are in a format that can be used to generate a textbook or instructor's slides [the content is written using jEdit in SlackersDocbook, an extension to Dockbook/XML customized writing course material with Sourcecode]. The book includes enough homework assignments and lectures for a 6 credit (full year) course. Its prerequisite is some solid experience in another programming language, such as Python, C, Java, Delphi, or Visual Basic. The text is being used at Suffolk University Department of Computer Science, in their CS-331 class.
Online Versions of Intro to Design Patterns in C++ with Qt, 2nd Edition
(Login required: Sign in or Register).