- Raspberry Pi 2B(+) or Raspberry Pi 3B(+)
- MicroSD card that is at least 2GB in size
- Card reader for MicroSD card
- Power adapter for the respective Raspberry Pi chosen
- Network cable to plug the RPi into your home network
- One of the following:
**HDMI Touch Screen Examples:
Example Full Kit with Pi, screen and power **CARD READER NOT INCLUDED**:
The Raspberry Pi and the host computer must be on the same network. We recommend using the Raspberry Pi's wired network.
7. A Breadboard Kit (Both kits contain all required components if you don’t have any around):
The Required components are:
- 1x Breadboard (full size)
- 6x buttons
- 1x Active Buzzer
- Wire / breadboard jumpers etc.
- 9 Male to Female Dupont Cables.
8. Computer Requirements:
The class will use a VirtualBox image running a Linux Distro as a guest operating system. Qt and Qt Creator will be pre-installed in the image, so there is no need to install them directly. ICS will provide the VirtualBox guest image. Participants must download and install VirtualBox version 6, and the VirtualBox extensions (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads).
Participants will need a modern computer (supported OS: Windows 7 or newer, MacOS X 7 or newer). Ubuntu Linux is supported and other Linux versions should be tested prior to the start of the class.
The computer must as a minimum have a Core i5 processor, 4 GB of RAM and 30 GB of free disk space.
Please note that most Windows tablets and two-in-ones will not be sufficient to run the VirtualBox image.