A Weekly Update for Qt Developers
Stay current with the latest Qt news with This Week in Qt, a weekly blog published by the ICS Qt Experts. We read all the Qt blogs, mailing lists, forums, social media outlets, etc. and condense the info to quickly highlight the most important Qt happenings for developers short on time.
Please sign in or register to see the latest This Week in Qt news.
- A Qt 5.12 snapshot was not released last week due to blocking issues. An Alpha snapshot should be available this week.
- A Qt 5.11.2 snapshot is now available. The plan is to finalize branching this Friday, Aug 31.
- Preparations will begin for a Qt 5.9.7 release once the Qt 5.12 Alpha version is released.
- A Qt 5.12 feature freeze is set for today, August 20, with a snapshot expected shortly thereafter.
- This list should be up to date regarding new features in Qt 5.12:
News is light at this time of year so here are some current estimates for future Qt releases:
- Qt 5.6.4: no release currently defined
- Qt 5.9.7: no date set, possibly in September 2018
- Qt 5.11.2: current plan calls for a release in the August/September time frame
- Qt 5.12: feature freeze should occur on 8/20/18 with an Alpha release shortly thereafter…
There's not much going on at this time, probably due to vacations and the like, so here is an update on current Qt release plans:
- A Qt 5.11.2 release is scheduled for the August/September time frame
- An Alpha release of Qt 5.12 should occur on August 20, with a final release planned for November 2018.