This course will introduce you to Squish, a testing tool for Qt and Java applications. In this course, we will demonstrate Squish on various Qt applications, using Python as the chosen scripting language.
Day 1 requires no development experience - we will be running Squish on example applications that were already built as part of either Squish or Qt, and we will teach you all you need to know of Python in order to make use of the features of Squish.
Features of Squish
- How it is different from other testing tools
- How it works
- Installation Tips
- Lab: Record, playback, breakpoints, inspection
Graphical Tools: IDE, Spy, Wrapper Explorer
Optional: Introduction to Python
- Lab: Testing GraphicsView
Testing QML Applications
- QML Extensions
- Lab: Testing QML Applications
- Lab: Keyword-Driven Tests
Random Stress Tests
Remote Testing - Distributed Architectures
Customizing Object Name Generation
- Lab: Customizing Object Name Generation
Extending Squish with Wrapper Libraries
Typically, on Day 3, we create tests for the customer’s AUT (application under test).