In this blog posting, we will describe the steps needed to build Qt 5 on the Toradex T30 hardware platform. This blog post was originally published on Jul 10, 2013. These instructions have now been updated to simplify them, add some additional information and to build the latest Qt version, 5.2.0. The Toradex Colibri T30 The Toradex Colibri T30 is an ARM development platform distributed by Toradex, a company in Switzerland that provides a number of ARM and Intel based development products. Their web site is here. Hardware The kit used in this document...
Jon is a Senior Software Engineer that specializes in Linux/Unix and embedded systems development. Jon also contributes to technical presentations and the This Week in Qt blog for ICS.Jon Trulson is on Google +
Articles posted by the author:
This document will explain how to build Qt 5.2.0 beta1 and QtWayland for Raspberry Pi (http://www.raspberrypi.org/). The procedure will likely work with the Qt 5.2.0 release candidate and final release, once they become available. There are a variety of HOWTOs and other documents on the web on how to build one or the other – this document will attempt to walk you through each step. As Qt and QtWayland are constantly under development, this document may not be precisely up to date going into the future. For a good overview of Wayland, see the Wayland wiki page here . We will build Qt...
- Qt Creator 4.6 Beta has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/02/07/qt-creator-4-6-beta-released/ - A proposal to deprecate Qt Quick Controls 1 has been posted: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2018-February/032073.html - Gamma Ray 2.9.0 has been released: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay/releases
-Branching from Qt 5.10.1 for 5.10 is completed. A snapshot is available via the online installer. The goal is to release 5.10.1 as soon as possible, perhaps this week. -There is a discussion on the development mailing list on the topic of Qt branches and a proposal for how to continue with those. It proposes the following: '5.6' will move in very strict mode '5.9' will move in strict mode. No direct submissions anymore, just cherry picks from stable '5.10' will be closed and Qt 5.10.1 will be the final release from Qt 5.10...
- Qt 5.9.4 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/01/23/qt-5-9-4-released/ - Qt 5.11 branching has started. Feature freeze is planned for Jan. 31, 2018. - Online snapshots for Qt 5.10.1 and Qt 5.11 Alpha are now available from the "Preview" mode of the online installer.
- A blocker in the latest Qt 5.9.4 snapshot prevented release last week. A fix is now being integrated. The expectation is that it will be released this week barring any further problems. - Branching of 5.10.1 has not started yet, pending release of 5.9.4. - Qt 5.11 feature freeze set for Jan. 31 is fast approaching.
- A snapshot of Qt 5.9.4 is available in the online installer. The plan is to release it next week.
Current release plans: - Qt 5.9.4: The goal is to get a first snapshot out this week, with a release in mid-January. - Qt 5.10.1: The goal is to get a snapshot out within the next week or two, with a release by end of January. - Qt 5.11.0: The official feature freeze is scheduled for Jan 31. The goal is to get a binary snapshot out by then.
Due to the holidays, there was not much going on in the Qt world last week. - The next major release of Qt should be Qt 5.11, with an Alpha due at the end of February. - Qt 5.9.4 should be released toward the end of January.
- Branching for Qt 5.9.4 has begun. The plan is to release Qt 5.9.4 by end of January. - There is a proposal to drop support for MSVC 2013 for Qt 5.11 and onwards: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-December/031647.html - There is a proposal to stop shipping MINGW32 binaries, and switch to MINGW64: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-December/031688.html
- The Qt Installer Framework 3.0.2 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/12/15/qt-installer-framework-3-0-2-released/ - A proposal has been made on the mailing list to drop support for QNX 6.6 in Qt 5.11, and only support QNX 7.0 for Qt 5.11 onward. Read it here: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-December/031641.html
- Qt 5.10 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/12/07/qt-5-10-released/ - Qt Creator 4.5.0 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/12/07/qt-creator-4-5-0-released/ - Qbs 1.10 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/12/07/qbs-1-10-released/
- A Qt 5.10 RC2 has been released: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer The aim is to release a final 5.10 on 12/7/2017. - Qt 3D Studio 1.0 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/11/30/qt-3d-studio-1-0-released/
- Qt 5.9.3 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/11/22/qt-5-9-3-released/ - A Qt 5.9.4 release is planned for Jan 2018. - Qt Creator 4.5 RC has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/11/22/qt-creator-4-5-rc-released/
- Due to various issues, no planned releases were made this week. -The current plan is to release a Qt 5.9.3 and a Qt 5.10 RC next week.
- Qt 5.10 Beta4 was released. An official Release Candidate is scheduled for Nov 16, 2017. https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer - Qt 5.9.3 might also be released this week. Stay tuned.
- Qt 5.10 Beta 3 was released: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer - Release of a Qt 5.9.3 binary snapshot is not yet complete. Work is ongoing to release a 5.9.3 as soon as possible in order to avoid affecting the planned Qt 5.10 release later this year.
- Qt 5.10 Beta2 has been released: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer - The Qt World Summit 2017 recordings are now available: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/10/24/qt-world-summit-2017-recordings/
- Work on Qt 5.10 beta 2 release is progressing. Though a release date is not yet available, the goal is ASAP.
- The first Qt 5.10 Beta has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/10/09/qt-5-10-beta-released/ As the Beta phase progresses, more Beta snapshots will be released. - Qt Creator 4.5 Beta has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/10/12/qt-creator-4-5-beta-released/ - An initial preview release of Qt 3D Studio has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/10/11/qt-3d-studio-source-code-pre-release-snapshots-available/ - A discussion about speeding up the review process has begun: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-October/031127.html - Some...
- Qt 5.9.2 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/10/06/qt-5-9-2-released/ - Qt Creator 4.4.1 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/10/06/qt-creator-4-4-1-released/
Upcoming Qt Releases: - The current plan is to release Qt 5.9.2 this week. An updated snapshot is already available in the installer. - Qt 5.10 should also have a beta release out this week.
- Qt 5.6.3 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/09/21/qt-5-6-3-released/ - The Qt Installer Framework 3.0.1 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/09/20/qt-installer-framework-3-0-1-released/ - Qbs 1.9.0 has been released: https://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/09/05/qbs-1-9-released/
- Qt 5.10 Alpha has been released. As is usual for Alpha releases, it is available in source-code form only. http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/09/13/qt-5-10-alpha-released/ - The Qt World Summit is coming up soon: Oct 10-12 in Berlin, Germany. https://www.qtworldsummit.com/
- Qt Creator 4.4.0 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/09/05/qt-creator-4-4-0-released/ - Qbs 1.9 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/09/05/qbs-1-9-released/ - GammaRay 2.8.1 has been released: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay
- A Qt 5.9.2 snapshot is now available: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer - CoAP support in Qt is under development: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-September/030809.html
-Though the plan is still to release a 5.10 alpha by the end of August, delays in qt5.git integration means it's likely the release will slip into the beginning of September. -For Qt 5.9.2, a snapshot should be available this week. -For Qt 5.6.3, first binary snapshot appears to be pretty solid, but a release candidate is not yet ready. -In Qt 5.10, a new method QProcess::startDetached() will be added: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/08/25/a-new-qprocessstartdetached/