In this blog posting, we will describe the steps needed to build Qt 5 on the Toradex T30 hardware platform. This blog post was originally published on Jul 10, 2013. These instructions have now been updated to simplify them, add some additional information and to build the latest Qt version, 5.2.0. The Toradex Colibri T30 The Toradex Colibri T30 is an ARM development platform distributed by Toradex, a company in Switzerland that provides a number of ARM and Intel based development products. Their web site is here. Hardware The kit used in this document...
Jon is a Senior Software Engineer that specializes in Linux/Unix and embedded systems development. Jon also contributes to technical presentations and the This Week in Qt blog for ICS.Jon Trulson is on Google +
Articles posted by the author:
This document will explain how to build Qt 5.2.0 beta1 and QtWayland for Raspberry Pi (http://www.raspberrypi.org/). The procedure will likely work with the Qt 5.2.0 release candidate and final release, once they become available. There are a variety of HOWTOs and other documents on the web on how to build one or the other – this document will attempt to walk you through each step. As Qt and QtWayland are constantly under development, this document may not be precisely up to date going into the future. For a good overview of Wayland, see the Wayland wiki page here . We will build Qt...
- Qt 5.10 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/12/07/qt-5-10-released/ - Qt Creator 4.5.0 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/12/07/qt-creator-4-5-0-released/ - Qbs 1.10 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/12/07/qbs-1-10-released/
- A Qt 5.10 RC2 has been released: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer The aim is to release a final 5.10 on 12/7/2017. - Qt 3D Studio 1.0 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/11/30/qt-3d-studio-1-0-released/
- Qt 5.9.3 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/11/22/qt-5-9-3-released/ - A Qt 5.9.4 release is planned for Jan 2018. - Qt Creator 4.5 RC has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/11/22/qt-creator-4-5-rc-released/
- Due to various issues, no planned releases were made this week. -The current plan is to release a Qt 5.9.3 and a Qt 5.10 RC next week.
- Qt 5.10 Beta4 was released. An official Release Candidate is scheduled for Nov 16, 2017. https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer - Qt 5.9.3 might also be released this week. Stay tuned.
- Qt 5.10 Beta 3 was released: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer - Release of a Qt 5.9.3 binary snapshot is not yet complete. Work is ongoing to release a 5.9.3 as soon as possible in order to avoid affecting the planned Qt 5.10 release later this year.
- Qt 5.10 Beta2 has been released: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer - The Qt World Summit 2017 recordings are now available: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/10/24/qt-world-summit-2017-recordings/
- Work on Qt 5.10 beta 2 release is progressing. Though a release date is not yet available, the goal is ASAP.
- The first Qt 5.10 Beta has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/10/09/qt-5-10-beta-released/ As the Beta phase progresses, more Beta snapshots will be released. - Qt Creator 4.5 Beta has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/10/12/qt-creator-4-5-beta-released/ - An initial preview release of Qt 3D Studio has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/10/11/qt-3d-studio-source-code-pre-release-snapshots-available/ - A discussion about speeding up the review process has begun: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-October/031127.html - Some...
- Qt 5.9.2 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/10/06/qt-5-9-2-released/ - Qt Creator 4.4.1 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/10/06/qt-creator-4-4-1-released/
Upcoming Qt Releases: - The current plan is to release Qt 5.9.2 this week. An updated snapshot is already available in the installer. - Qt 5.10 should also have a beta release out this week.
- Qt 5.6.3 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/09/21/qt-5-6-3-released/ - The Qt Installer Framework 3.0.1 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/09/20/qt-installer-framework-3-0-1-released/ - Qbs 1.9.0 has been released: https://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/09/05/qbs-1-9-released/
- Qt 5.10 Alpha has been released. As is usual for Alpha releases, it is available in source-code form only. http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/09/13/qt-5-10-alpha-released/ - The Qt World Summit is coming up soon: Oct 10-12 in Berlin, Germany. https://www.qtworldsummit.com/
- Qt Creator 4.4.0 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/09/05/qt-creator-4-4-0-released/ - Qbs 1.9 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/09/05/qbs-1-9-released/ - GammaRay 2.8.1 has been released: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay
- A Qt 5.9.2 snapshot is now available: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer - CoAP support in Qt is under development: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-September/030809.html
-Though the plan is still to release a 5.10 alpha by the end of August, delays in qt5.git integration means it's likely the release will slip into the beginning of September. -For Qt 5.9.2, a snapshot should be available this week. -For Qt 5.6.3, first binary snapshot appears to be pretty solid, but a release candidate is not yet ready. -In Qt 5.10, a new method QProcess::startDetached() will be added: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/08/25/a-new-qprocessstartdetached/
- Qt Creator 4.4 RC has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/08/17/qt-creator-4-4-rc-released/ - Qt 5.6.3 snapshots are available: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer
- Qt 5.10 Feature Freeze is now in effect. - A "pre-alpha" binary snapshot is available for 5.10: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer - A new Pointer Handlers facility will be included in 5.10 as a Tech Preview. http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-August/030676.html
- Qt Visual Studio Tools 2.1.2 Beta is now available: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/08/03/qt-visual-studio-tools-version-2-1-2-beta/ - The feature freeze for Qt 5.10 should happen tomorrow, August 8, with binary snapshots and an Alpha release to follow.
As it's still vacation season in Europe there are no updates on release schedules, or new information to report. This is likely to be the case for the next few weeks at least. -A Qt 5.9.2 release is still scheduled for August, and a 5.10 release for November. -The 5.10 feature freeze is scheduled for August 8, with an alpha release on August 31. *Note: these dates may change as development proceeds.
- Qt Creator 4.4 Beta has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/07/20/qt-creator-4-4-beta-released/
It's getting to be vacation season in Europe, so there's little to report except that Viktor Engelmann and Jesus Fernandez have been nominated for Approver status.
- The Qt Company has merged a new WebGL Streaming plugin that will become a technology preview in Qt 5.10: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/07/07/qt-webgl-streaming-merged/ - A new Shapes plugin for Qt Quick is also planned for 5.10: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/07/07/let-there-be-shapes/
- Qt 5.9.1 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/06/30/qt-5-9-1-released/ - Qt Creator 4.3.1 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/06/30/qt-creator-4-3-1-released/
-If all goes well, Qt 5.9.1 will be released this week, with a follow-up release of 5.9.2 in August. - It appears that support for MSVC2013 will be continued for Qt 5.10, but will likely be dropped in Qt 5.11.
-The first Qt 5.9.1 snapshots are available: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer The plan is to release 5.9.1 in June, and an upcoming 5.9.2 in August. -A "plea" to drop support for MSVC 2013 compilers has been proposed on the development mailing list for 5.10: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-June/030178.html