In this blog posting, we will describe the steps needed to build Qt 5 on the Toradex T30 hardware platform. This blog post was originally published on Jul 10, 2013. These instructions have now been updated to simplify them, add some additional information and to build the latest Qt version, 5.2.0. The Toradex Colibri T30 The Toradex Colibri T30 is an ARM development platform distributed by Toradex, a company in Switzerland that provides a number of ARM and Intel based development products. Their web site is here. Hardware The kit used in this document...
Jon is a Senior Software Engineer that specializes in Linux/Unix and embedded systems development. Jon also contributes to technical presentations and the This Week in Qt blog for ICS.Jon Trulson is on Google +
Articles posted by the author:
This document will explain how to build Qt 5.2.0 beta1 and QtWayland for Raspberry Pi (http://www.raspberrypi.org/). The procedure will likely work with the Qt 5.2.0 release candidate and final release, once they become available. There are a variety of HOWTOs and other documents on the web on how to build one or the other – this document will attempt to walk you through each step. As Qt and QtWayland are constantly under development, this document may not be precisely up to date going into the future. For a good overview of Wayland, see the Wayland wiki page here . We will build Qt...
- Qt 5.10 Feature Freeze is now in effect. - A "pre-alpha" binary snapshot is available for 5.10: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer - A new Pointer Handlers facility will be included in 5.10 as a Tech Preview. http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-August/030676.html
- Qt Visual Studio Tools 2.1.2 Beta is now available: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/08/03/qt-visual-studio-tools-version-2-1-2-beta/ - The feature freeze for Qt 5.10 should happen tomorrow, August 8, with binary snapshots and an Alpha release to follow.
As it's still vacation season in Europe there are no updates on release schedules, or new information to report. This is likely to be the case for the next few weeks at least. -A Qt 5.9.2 release is still scheduled for August, and a 5.10 release for November. -The 5.10 feature freeze is scheduled for August 8, with an alpha release on August 31. *Note: these dates may change as development proceeds.
- Qt Creator 4.4 Beta has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/07/20/qt-creator-4-4-beta-released/
It's getting to be vacation season in Europe, so there's little to report except that Viktor Engelmann and Jesus Fernandez have been nominated for Approver status.
- The Qt Company has merged a new WebGL Streaming plugin that will become a technology preview in Qt 5.10: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/07/07/qt-webgl-streaming-merged/ - A new Shapes plugin for Qt Quick is also planned for 5.10: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/07/07/let-there-be-shapes/
- Qt 5.9.1 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/06/30/qt-5-9-1-released/ - Qt Creator 4.3.1 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/06/30/qt-creator-4-3-1-released/
-If all goes well, Qt 5.9.1 will be released this week, with a follow-up release of 5.9.2 in August. - It appears that support for MSVC2013 will be continued for Qt 5.10, but will likely be dropped in Qt 5.11.
-The first Qt 5.9.1 snapshots are available: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer The plan is to release 5.9.1 in June, and an upcoming 5.9.2 in August. -A "plea" to drop support for MSVC 2013 compilers has been proposed on the development mailing list for 5.10: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-June/030178.html
- GammaRay 2.8.0 has been released: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay/releases https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay - A discussion on the development mailing list has started regarding compiler support for Qt 5.10: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-June/030093.html
- Qt 5.9.0 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/05/31/qt-5-9-released/ - Qbs 1.8 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/05/29/qbs-1-8-released/ - For June, the plan is to release a Qt 5.9.1, get a Qt 5.6.3 snapshot out for testing, and get an Alpha release of Qt 5.10.0 out for testing.
- Qt Creator 4.3.0 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/05/24/qt-creator-4-3-0-released/ - Qt 5.9.0 RC (release candidate) has been released: http://download.qt.io/development_releases/qt/5.9/5.9.0-rc/ Barring problems, the final release is scheduled for tomorrow, May 31.
- Qt 5.9.0 Beta 4s available. It is intended to be the last beta. The current plan is to release the first RC (release candidate) early next week. https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer - A discussion on the development mailing list has started for a new QStringFormatter class: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-May/029931.html
- Qt Creator 4.3 RC1 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/05/09/qt-creator-4-3-rc1-released/ - The Qt Company has announced that the upcoming 5.9 release of Qt will be a Long Term Support (LTS) release, with updates continuing for the next 3 years: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/05/11/introducing-long-term-support-qt-5-9/
Qt 5.9 Beta3 is now available: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer The latest plan is to get the Release Candidate out May 17, 2017.
The Qt World Summit 2017 Call for Presentations is now open: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/04/27/qt-world-summit-2017-call-presentations/ The call will close on 5/30/2017. A proposal for a change in Qt 5.9 -> 5.10 supported platforms and configurations was posted: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-April/029706.html
Qt Creator 4.2.2 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/04/21/qt-creator-4-2-2-released/ Qt 5.9 Beta2 is available, instructions: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer From the Qt Release meeting notes: Qt 5.10 feature freeze is scheduled for 8/8/2017, with an Alpha release on 8/31/2017 Qt 5.6.3 release in August, 5.6.4 in 1/2018 Qt 5.9.1 preliminary release 9/2017 An email was posted suggesting that all users should update the Maintenance Tool due to a change in the domain being used for online installations. After 5/7/2017, older...
With bug fixing focusing on Qt 5.9, a proposal to close the 5.8 branch was made that has resulted in a lot of discussion regarding the work that is still going into 5.8. Learn more here: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-April/029441.html
Qt 5.9.0 Beta has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/04/07/qt-5-9-beta-released/
- Qt Creator 4.3.0 Beta has been released: https://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/03/30/qt-creator-4-3-beta-released/
Qt 5.9.0 status: The first binary snapshots are now available for Mac and Linux users: https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer Current list of blockers: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=18394 Still on target for an April 5 release Discussions: A previous discussion on QList that had died out, has restarted: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-March/029040.html
Qt 5.9 is still on target for a beta on April 5. The current known blockers can be found here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=18394
-What started as a question involving rewriting syncqt.pl in C++ has morphed into a discussion on whether Qbs (Qt build system) might become the default build system for Qt 6. Check it out here: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-March/028925.html -The beta release of Qt 5.9 is still planned for April 5. https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.9_Release
- Qt Install Framework 2.0.5 has been released: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/03/02/qt-installer-framework-2-0-5-released/
- Qt 5.9 Alpha has been released. As usual with alpha releases, it is supplied in source form only. http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/02/23/qt-5-9-alpha-released/ The current list of new features in 5.9 can be seen here: https://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_5.9 - The Qt Company has announced Qt 3D Studio, which is a 3D interface design solution based on donated code from Nvidia's DRIVE Design Studio. http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/02/20/introducing-qt-3d-studio/
-GammaRay 2.7.0 has been released: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2017-February/026119.html - Qt 5.9.0 Alpha should be released this week. - The next patch release will be Qt 5.6.3. It is unlikely there will be a Qt 5.8.1 patch release.