A Weekly Update for Qt Developers
Stay current with the latest Qt news with This Week in Qt, a weekly blog published by the ICS Qt Experts. We read all the Qt blogs, mailing lists, forums, social media outlets, etc. and condense the info to quickly highlight the most important Qt happenings for developers short on time.
Please sign in or register to see the latest This Week in Qt news.
- Qt 3D Studio 2.0 Beta is now available via the online installer:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/05/16/qt-3d-studio-2-0-beta-available/
- Qt 5.11.0 RC2 has been released. The target date for the official release is still on track for tomorrow, May 22.
- The Qt Company is now allowing code contributions through bug reports and forum posts:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/05/16/code-contributions-via-bug-…
-Qt 5.11.0 RC1 has been released via online downloader.
-There will be an RC2 release to address a security issue in chromium. The plan is to do a final release on May 22, 2018.
-Qt 5.9.6 is planned for release at the beginning of July.
- Qt Creator 4.6.1 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/05/03/qt-creator-4-6-1-released/
- The Qt Company has announced preliminary research about using Qt with certain microcontroller hardware using the RTEMS Operating System.http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/05/03/qt-microncontrollers-mcu/
- A Qt 5.11 Release Candidate may arrive this week, barring problems.
- A Beta for the WebAssembly Technology Preview is available:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/04/23/beta-qt-webassembly-technology-previe…
The Technology Preview will be present in 5.11 when it is released.
- Qt 5.11 Beta 4 has been released. The current plan is to release a Release Candidate by the end of April.
- A proposed release schedule for 5.12 has been submitted. Qt 5.12 soft branching is set to begin 8/13/18. Feature freeze and an alpha release are scheduled for 8/20/18, with a final release on 11/29/18.
- Qt 5.9.5 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/04/12/qt-5-9-5-released/
- Qt 5.11 Beta3 has been released. It is available through the Qt Installer. Preparations for a release candidate are underway.
- PySide2 (Qt bindings for Python) is being renamed to "Qt for Python" and will appear as a tech preview shortly after the release of 5.11.http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/04/13/qt-for-python-is…
Very quiet on the Qt front this week.
- There was hope that a Qt 5.9.5 release would happen this week, but
no update on its status has been provided.
- A Qt 5.11 Beta3 release is also expected shortly, but no updated status
- Qt Creator 4.6.0 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/03/28/qt-creator-4-6-0-released/
- The Qt Installer Framework 3.0.4 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/03/28/qt-installer-framework-3-0-4-released/
- Qbs 1.11 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/03/28/qbs-1-11-released/
- Qt 5.9.5 still has open blockers so it could not be released in March as planned. The new…
- The Qt Champions for 2017 have been selected:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/03/21/qt-champions-2017/
- Qt Visual Studio Tools 2.2.0 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/02/26/qt-visual-studio-tools-2-2-0-released/
- Qt 3D Studio 1.1 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/03/02/qt-3d-studio-1-1-released/
- A Qt 5.9.5 release is planned for this month.
- Qt Automotive Suite 2.0 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/02/27/introducing-qt-automotive-suite-2-0/