A Weekly Update for Qt Developers
Stay current with the latest Qt news with This Week in Qt, a weekly blog published by the ICS Qt Experts. We read all the Qt blogs, mailing lists, forums, social media outlets, etc. and condense the info to quickly highlight the most important Qt happenings for developers short on time.
Please sign in or register to see the latest This Week in Qt news.
There's not much going on at this time, probably due to vacations and the like, so here is an update on current Qt release plans:
- A Qt 5.11.2 release is scheduled for the August/September time frame
- An Alpha release of Qt 5.12 should occur on August 20, with a final release planned for November 2018.
- Qt Creator 4.7 RC has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/07/05/qt-creator-4-7-rc-released/
- Qt 3D Studio 2.0 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/06/26/qt-3d-studio-2-0-released/
- A new design tool, Qt Design Studio has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/06/26/qt-design-studio-the-new-age-of-ui-development/
- The Qt Automotive Suite for Qt 5.11 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/06/27/introducing-qt-automotive-suite-5-11/
- Qt 5.11.1 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/06/19/qt-5-11-1-released/
- Qt Creator 4.7 Beta2 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/06/21/qt-creator-4-7-beta2-released/
A lot to cover this morning:
- Qt 5.9.6 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/06/11/qt-5-9-6-released/
- Qt Creator 4.6.2 has been releasedhttp://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/06/11/qt-creator-4-6-2-released/
- Qt for Python 5.11 has been officially released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/06/13/qt-python-5-11-released/
- A wrap-up of the Qt Contributors' Summit can be found here:http://blog.qt.io/…
- Qt Creator 4.7 Beta has been released:
- Qt 5.9.6 should be released this week if all goes as planned.
- Qt 5.11.1 packaging should be finalized this week. The goal is to release Qt 5.11.1 on 6/19/18.
- A blog post on "What new with the Wayland platform plugin" is available:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/05/29/whats-new-in-qt-5-11-for-the-wayland-platform-plugin/
It mentions that support for platform fallbacks are now supported in Qt 5.11, for example:
QT_QPA_PLATFORM="wayland;xcb" will select the xcb platform if wayland cannot be initialized.
- The Qt Company has announced that the Qt Safe…
- Qt 5.11 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/05/22/qt-5-11-released/
- There are some interesting WebAssembly demos here:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/05/22/qt-for-webassembly-examples/
- Branching of Qt 5.9.6 has been completed. The goal is to release an RC, and then the final release at the beginning of June.
- Qt 3D Studio 2.0 Beta 2 has been released. It is available via the Online…
- Qt 3D Studio 2.0 Beta is now available via the online installer:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/05/16/qt-3d-studio-2-0-beta-available/
- Qt 5.11.0 RC2 has been released. The target date for the official release is still on track for tomorrow, May 22.
- The Qt Company is now allowing code contributions through bug reports and forum posts:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/05/16/code-contributions-via-bug-…
-Qt 5.11.0 RC1 has been released via online downloader.
-There will be an RC2 release to address a security issue in chromium. The plan is to do a final release on May 22, 2018.
-Qt 5.9.6 is planned for release at the beginning of July.