A Weekly Update for Qt Developers
Stay current with the latest Qt news with This Week in Qt, a weekly blog published by the ICS Qt Experts. We read all the Qt blogs, mailing lists, forums, social media outlets, etc. and condense the info to quickly highlight the most important Qt happenings for developers short on time.
Please sign in or register to see the latest This Week in Qt news.
-The Qt Company has announced that Qbs (an alternate build system for Qt) will be deprecated. Its support will end at the end of 2019.
- Lars Knoll has announced on the development mailing list that Qt will "likely" switch to CMake from qmake for…
Preparations are underway for a release of Qt 5.9.7. The current goal is to release it the week of October 8.
- A Qt 5.12 Alphasnapshot has been created. However, a new blocker was found. Updated packages should be available shortly.
- Qt 5.11.2 RC packages are available. However, a new blocker (same as in 5.12) was discovered so new RC packages will be released as soon as possible.
- Qt 3D Studio 2.1 Beta 1 has been released:…
- Still no sign of the Qt 5.12 alpha snapshot, so the wait continues
- bugreports.qt.io will be down for a short time on 9/11/18, for an upgrade to Jira
- Don't forget to register for Qt World Summit, Oct 29-30 in Boston - https://www.qt.io/qtws18/home/