A Weekly Update for Qt Developers
Stay current with the latest Qt news with This Week in Qt, a weekly blog published by the ICS Qt Experts. We read all the Qt blogs, mailing lists, forums, social media outlets, etc. and condense the info to quickly highlight the most important Qt happenings for developers short on time.
Please sign in or register to see the latest This Week in Qt news.
- Qt Creator 4.4 Beta has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/07/20/qt-creator-4-4-beta-released/
It's getting to be vacation season in Europe, so there's little to report except that Viktor Engelmann and Jesus Fernandez have been nominated for Approver status.
- The Qt Company has merged a new WebGL Streaming plugin that will become a technology preview in Qt 5.10:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/07/07/qt-webgl-streaming-merged/
- A new Shapes plugin for Qt Quick is also planned for 5.10:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/07/07/let-there-be-shapes/
- Qt 5.9.1 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/06/30/qt-5-9-1-released/
- Qt Creator 4.3.1 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/06/30/qt-creator-4-3-1-released/
-If all goes well, Qt 5.9.1 will be released this week, with a follow-up release of 5.9.2 in August.
- It appears that support for MSVC2013 will be continued for Qt 5.10, but will likely be dropped in Qt 5.11.
-The first Qt 5.9.1 snapshots are available:https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer
The plan is to release 5.9.1 in June, and an upcoming 5.9.2 in August.
-A "plea" to drop support for MSVC 2013 compilers has been proposed on the development mailing list for 5.10:http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-June/030178.html
- GammaRay 2.8.0 has been released:https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay/releaseshttps://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay
- A discussion on the development mailing list has started regarding compiler support for Qt 5.10:http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-June/030093.html
- Qt 5.9.0 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/05/31/qt-5-9-released/
- Qbs 1.8 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/05/29/qbs-1-8-released/
- For June, the plan is to release a Qt 5.9.1, get a Qt 5.6.3 snapshot out for testing, and get an Alpha release of Qt 5.10.0 out for testing.
- Qt Creator 4.3.0 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/05/24/qt-creator-4-3-0-released/
- Qt 5.9.0 RC (release candidate) has been released:http://download.qt.io/development_releases/qt/5.9/5.9.0-rc/Barring problems, the final release is scheduled for tomorrow, May 31.
- Qt 5.9.0 Beta 4s available. It is intended to be the last beta. The current plan is to release the first RC (release candidate) early next week.https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer
- A discussion on the development mailing list has started for a new QStringFormatter class:http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-May/029931.html