A Weekly Update for Qt Developers
Stay current with the latest Qt news with This Week in Qt, a weekly blog published by the ICS Qt Experts. We read all the Qt blogs, mailing lists, forums, social media outlets, etc. and condense the info to quickly highlight the most important Qt happenings for developers short on time.
Please sign in or register to see the latest This Week in Qt news.
-Branching from Qt 5.10.1 for 5.10 is completed. A snapshot is available via the online installer. The goal is to release 5.10.1 as soon as possible, perhaps this week.
-There is a discussion on the development mailing list on the topic of Qt branches and a proposal for how to continue with those. It proposes the following:
- '5.6' will move in very strict mode
- Qt 5.9.4 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/01/23/qt-5-9-4-released/
- Qt 5.11 branching has started. Feature freeze is planned for Jan. 31, 2018.
- Online snapshots for Qt 5.10.1 and Qt 5.11 Alpha are now available from the "Preview" mode of the online installer.
- A blocker in the latest Qt 5.9.4 snapshot prevented release last week. A fix is now being integrated. The expectation is that it will be released this week barring any further problems.
- Branching of 5.10.1 has not started yet, pending release of 5.9.4.
- Qt 5.11 feature freeze set for Jan. 31 is fast approaching.
- A snapshot of Qt 5.9.4 is available in the online installer. The plan is to release it next week.