A Weekly Update for Qt Developers
Stay current with the latest Qt news with This Week in Qt, a weekly blog published by the ICS Qt Experts. We read all the Qt blogs, mailing lists, forums, social media outlets, etc. and condense the info to quickly highlight the most important Qt happenings for developers short on time.
Please sign in or register to see the latest This Week in Qt news.
Preparations are underway for a release of Qt 5.9.7. The current goal is to release it the week of October 8.
- A Qt 5.12 Alphasnapshot has been created. However, a new blocker was found. Updated packages should be available shortly.
- Qt 5.11.2 RC packages are available. However, a new blocker (same as in 5.12) was discovered so new RC packages will be released as soon as possible.
- Qt 3D Studio 2.1 Beta 1 has been released:…
- Still no sign of the Qt 5.12 alpha snapshot, so the wait continues
- bugreports.qt.io will be down for a short time on 9/11/18, for an upgrade to Jira
- Don't forget to register for Qt World Summit, Oct 29-30 in Boston - https://www.qt.io/qtws18/home/
- A Qt 5.12 snapshot was not released last week due to blocking issues. An Alpha snapshot should be available this week.
- A Qt 5.11.2 snapshot is now available. The plan is to finalize branching this Friday, Aug 31.
- Preparations will begin for a Qt 5.9.7 release once the Qt 5.12 Alpha version is released.
- A Qt 5.12 feature freeze is set for today, August 20, with a snapshot expected shortly thereafter.
- This list should be up to date regarding new features in Qt 5.12: