A Weekly Update for Qt Developers
Stay current with the latest Qt news with This Week in Qt, a weekly blog published by the ICS Qt Experts. We read all the Qt blogs, mailing lists, forums, social media outlets, etc. and condense the info to quickly highlight the most important Qt happenings for developers short on time.
Please sign in or register to see the latest This Week in Qt news.
- Qt Install Framework 2.0.5 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/03/02/qt-installer-framework-2-0-5-released/
- Qt 5.9 Alpha has been released. As usual with alpha releases, it is supplied in source form only.http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/02/23/qt-5-9-alpha-released/The current list of new features in 5.9 can be seen here:https://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_5.9
- The Qt Company has announced Qt 3D Studio, which is a 3D interface design solution based on donated code from Nvidia's DRIVE Design Studio.http…
-GammaRay 2.7.0 has been released:http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2017-February/026119.html
- Qt 5.9.0 Alpha should be released this week.
- The next patch release will be Qt 5.6.3. It is unlikely there will be a Qt 5.8.1 patch release.
The QtWebKit Technology Preview 5 has been released: https://github.com/annulen/webkit/releases/tag/qtwebkit-tp5
Among the highlights:
WebGL, accelerated compositing and accelerated 2D canvas are now supported. Accelerated compositing is disabled by default for now because it causes minor artifacts on some sites.
MinGW compiler is now fully supported on Windows
Work is ongoing to release a Qt…
-A new PDF rendering module is available - QPdfDocument:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/01/30/new-qtpdf-qtlabs-module/
-Qt 5.9.0 is now in feature freeze.
Qt 5.8.0 was released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/01/23/qt-5-8-released/
Qt Creator 4.2.1 was released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/01/23/qt-creator-4-2-1-released/
-A feature freeze for Qt 5.9.0 is coming up in two weeks.
-Due to some blockers that were found, Qt 5.8.0 could not be released last week as planned. The current plan is to release Qt 5.8.0 today.
-New Qt 5.8.0-rc snapshots are up at:http://download.qt.io/snapshots/qt/5.8/5.8.0-rc/
If there are no major problems, official 5.8.0 is expected to be released tomorrow.
-The Qt Remote Objects playground project wants to be upgraded to a full Qt project. A Tech Preview is available in Qt 5.9.0:http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-January/028282.h…
-A Qt 5.8.0 release candidate is now available:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2016/12/22/qt-5-8-0-release-candidate-available/
-A new RC snapshot should be available later this week. Jan. 17 is the target for an official Qt 5.8.0 release.
-As of Jan. 2, 2017, a feature freeze is in effect for Qt 5.9.0.
- Qt 5.7.1 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2016/12/14/qt-5-7-1-released/
- Qt Creator 4.2 has been released:http://blog.qt.io/blog/2016/12/14/qt-creator-4-2-released/
- The current target for Qt 5.8.0 RC release is December 20.
-Qbs version 1.7.0 has been released:
- Qt World Summit recordings are now available:https://www.qt.io/qtws16…