A Weekly Update for Qt Developers
Stay current with the latest Qt news with This Week in Qt, a weekly blog published by the ICS Qt Experts. We read all the Qt blogs, mailing lists, forums, social media outlets, etc. and condense the info to quickly highlight the most important Qt happenings for developers short on time.
Please sign in or register to see the latest This Week in Qt news.
- A blocker in the latest Qt 5.9.4 snapshot prevented release last week. A fix is now being integrated. The expectation is that it will be released this week barring any further problems.
- Branching of 5.10.1 has not started yet, pending release of 5.9.4.
- Qt 5.11 feature freeze set for Jan. 31 is fast approaching.
- A snapshot of Qt 5.9.4 is available in the online installer. The plan is to release it next week.
Current release plans:
- Qt 5.9.4: The goal is to get a first snapshot out this week, with a release in mid-January.
- Qt 5.10.1: The goal is to get a snapshot out within the next week or two, with a release by end of January.
- Qt 5.11.0: The official feature freeze is scheduled for Jan 31. The goal is to get a binary snapshot out by then.
Due to the holidays, there was not much going on in the Qt world last week.
- The next major release of Qt should be Qt 5.11, with an Alpha due at the end of February.
- Qt 5.9.4 should be released toward the end of January.
- Due to various issues, no planned releases were made this week.
-The current plan is to release a Qt 5.9.3 and a Qt 5.10 RC next week.