Qt Comings and Goings
Qt 5.5.1 and Qt Creator 3.5.1 have been released.
Marc Mutz of KDAB has proposed a request for comments (RFC) regarding a blog, Proposal for a semi-radical change in Qt APIs taking strings.
"... I would therefore like to propose to abandon QString for new API (and over time phase it out of existing API), and only provide (const QChar*, size_t) as the most general form. I would propose to package the two into a class, called - you guessed it - QStringView."
Read More: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg22286.html
Would be nice to have…
Viironen Kalle of The Qt Company has proposed adding repositories for new proposed modules related to Automotive IVI. "We’d like to have a bunch of new modules under Qt-project. These are all needed in Qt Automotive Suite so let’s try to get this sorted out quickly to get things rolling nicely."
* Qt/qtapplicationmanager: Qt component for application lifecycle management
* qt/qtdbusqml: Qt QML DBus integration
* qt/qtivi: Qt IVI extensible platform abstraction layer
* qt/qtgeniviextras: Qt extras for GENIVI services
* qt-apps/qmllive: QmlLive - live reloader environment for rapid UI development
* qt-apps/neptune-ui: The Neptune Automotive Reference UI
* qt-apps/neptune-appstore: The Neptune Reference Application Store Server
Allan Jensen has been nominated as maintainer for Qt WebEngine